The Refill Project
OUR NEW REFILL PROJECT
EXPLORING ECOLOGICAL IDEAS
It is abundantly clear that the Climate Crisis is real.
As a growing business in a beautiful corner of the world we not only feel a genuine connection to nature but realise and accept there are responsibilities which inevitably come with this.
We can and must do what we can to mitigate our environmental impact, not just for our island, but for all of us who value the planet.
It will not be easy, we may often fall short. But, we will try, always adapting as we learn and explore new initiatives over the coming years.
The Refill Project is the first step as we begin to experiment with new ecological ideas.
THE HARRIS GIN REFILL BOTTLE
FOR WHEN IT'S TIME TO TOP UP
The Refill Project was created to address growing demand from our customers to allow them to keep their treasured glass Isle of Harris Gin bottle instead of throwing it out.
Although the glass bottle is fully recyclable, the beauty of the design seems to make it difficult for people to part with.
So, we are exploring the potential of new refill solutions and begin by experimenting with aluminium as a high-quality material with exceptional recyclability, lightness, and excellent carbon footprint figures.
At a smaller 500ml size, the new refill bottle is designed to top up your glass Isle of Harris Gin bottle before it is empty, so you never run out of your favourite island spirit again!
WHY CHOOSE ALUMINIUM?
10 REASONS TO ALWAYS RECYCLE, NEVER REUSE
1. Aluminium is the most common metal on earth and one of the most recycled packaging materials . www.recyclingtoday.com
2. 76.2% of aluminium packaging across Europe is recycled, one of the highest rates of any material. www.foodpackagingforum.org
3. Aluminium is infinitely recyclable and this is the cornerstone of aluminium sustainability. www.aluminium.org
4. Aluminium can be recycled and back in use in as little as 60 days. www.thinkcans.net
5. Around 75% of all aluminium ever made is still in use today. www.aluminum.org
6. Recycling aluminium uses 95% less energy than creating new aluminium www.world-aluminium.org
7. Our refill bottle is 9X lighter than our glass bottle, requires less fuel to transport and helps reduce our carbon footprint.
8. Aluminium uses less energy during the recycling process than any other material. www.alupro.org.uk
9. Aluminium can have a lower CO2 footprint when recycled than glass, plastic and even cardboard. www.aluminium.org
10. Each year recycling aluminium avoids over 90,000,000 tonnes of CO2 emissions globally. www.novelisrecycling.co.uk